Thursday, May 21, 2009

Confession’s of a Sinner

October 10, 2006
confessions. just had a bad day..
Confession’s of a Sinner
In my theology subject in Ateneo we were asked to discuss Penance. Two days later I was tasked to write an essay on anything that feel about the entire semester this is what I have to say.
The idea of penance is somewhat strange to me being a protestant. I believe that when you feel bad about something you first admit it to yourself that you did do something bad, and then you pray to God and hope that he does forgive you. Being the good God that he is, he usually does, but it’s up to you to learn from your mistakes and suffer the consequences of your actions.
I however got to think about the 7 cardinal sins. Well, because everyone can shamefully relate to all of them. I’m a writer, but never was I good at any formal essays that deal about religion –even I know that-, but I guess this is what I have to say.
Sloth
I am lazy.
The word lazy probably wouldn’t be able to cover how stubborn I am. I hate fixing my bed, and taking my clothes to the laundry bin. I’m not proud of it but it would be more of a sin if I didn’t admit it.
I guess I wasn’t cut out of household chores, probably because I have bad allergies and exposure to “alikabok” would give me a very bad rash and a sneezing fit.
Lust
I’m no virgin.
Ok. I’ve had my share of fornication
Saying that “I’m just a boy” probably wouldn’t be good enough of an excuse. And yea, I have to admit I am shamed of my deeds but honestly not very regretful.
Gluttony
I eat too much.
As karma, from a six pack all I have now is a horrid belly.
I am trying to diet especially after I heard that an ex said that I was starting to look like a carpenter.
Envy
I am very insecure.
I do know now that I am more privileged compared to others. Knowing that I go to a good school and can afford clothes probably too expensive for my age does make me feel like a jerk for not being thankful enough.
Pride
Pride was never an issue for me I guess.
When you’re wrong you should apologize. Even in instances that you didn’t mean to hurt other people, we usually do. Especially the one’s we care about the most.
Greed
Greed-?-
I really don’t know what I should say about me and greed. , which is probably a good thing. I do think I’m a giver. If you don’t need something maybe others need it more than you do.
lesson: We should all learn to share.
Wrath
I’ve had my moments when I just wanted to strangle someone.
Probably it’s an ego thing.
Probably because I trust people too much with you heart that i end up so hurt that you want to hurt them too, but not knowing how I could, I usually end up feeling silly and pathetic.
I am an angry person.
There I said it.
Yey!
These are my confessions I guess.
A lot has been said about me these past few weeks and I am truly sorry for the people I have hurt in the last 18 years of my life. Even that kid I hit on the crotch on soccer practice when I was 7,”dude I am truly sorry!”
Having a heart condition and chronic asthma does make rethink what you have done to yourself, what you have become and what you want out of yourself.
I know I’d good kid, probably a really bratty one.
Good kids sin.
Probably we sin even more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment